Westland MM was the first to be organized west of the Appalachian Mountains. It was originally comprised of two PMs that were set off from Hopewell MM in Virginia. The two PMs grew into two MMs that were then set off as Redstone QM.
Westland MM took oversight of the initial Quaker settlements inside the Northwest Territory, including Concord, Short Creek, and Middleton.
Once the Ohio meetings were set off, Westland MM was limited to the meetings on the west side of the Monongahela River in southwestern Pennsylvania.
The meeting was weakened by the Hicksite and Gurneyite divisions, both of which were discontinued in 1864.
Westland absorbed Redstone PM when the MM there was laid down in 1855. Westland and Redstone comprised a MM again for a decade, after which both meetings were weak. In 1865, Redstone QM re-organized the PMs into new MMs, at which time Westland MM was discontinued and its PMs were attached to Providence MM.